Welcome to Spirit of the Hills
Comprised of artists, artisans, performing artists, photographers, writers and patrons, Spirit of the Hills embraces all art forms and traditions including the performing and visual arts, media, design, and literature. Our goal is to build and sustain the Arts and Artists in Northumberland County. This web site highlights current and upcoming group and member events and showcases some of our members’ works.
Festival of the Arts Blog
Celebrating 20 years of sharing across the arts in Northumberland County! Oct. 24, 25, 26.
- Dance and Drama Productions
- Concerts & Hill Spirits IV Book Launch
- Art Show, Crafts & Book Fair
- Multi-Media Event
- Morning & Afternoon Workshops
- Panel Discussion
Festival of the Arts
Square Foot Art Show & Sale
SOTH visual artists, photographers, artisans – get creative within a square foot!
Excite our visitors with landscape, cityscape, abstract, figurative, floral, in any medium.
Your art will be hung by the Visual Arts Committee on our black grids with all work priced at an accessible $75. Fri. Oct 25 & Sat. Oct. 26
There is no entry fee just a 5% commission from sales.
Square Foot Art Show & Sale
The show will take place during SOTH’s Festival of the Arts at St. Peter’s Anglican Church, 240 College Street in Cobourg on Friday, Oct. 25th (1 pm to 6 pm) and on Saturday, Oct. 26th (10 am to 5 pm).
Entry Deadline: Friday, Sept 20, 2019 – Now Closed
Spirit of the Hills Juried Art & Photography Show at Belleville Library
Spirit of the Hills is pleased to announce a juried art and photograph show at the John M. Parrott Art Gallery at the Belleville Library that will run from November 7 – 28, 2019.
The Parrott Art Gallery will host an opening reception for Spirit of the Hills’ members on Thursday, November 7th from 6:00 to 7:30 pm.
The juror for the show is Olex Wlasenko. He is graduated from the University of Ontario and has worked as the Assistant Curator at The Robert McLaughlin Gallery (RMG) in Oshawa, Ontario and over his career has curated over 70 exhibitions. Olex has been the Curator at Whitby’s Station Gallery since mid-February 2008.
Please visit our Calls page for more information.
Spirit of the Hills is pleased to announce its latest juried show taking place at the Parrott Art Gallery from November 7 to 28th inclusive in Belleville, Ontario.
An Opening Reception for Spirit of the Hills members will take place at the Parrott Art Gallery on Thursday, November 7th from 6:00 to 7:30 pm.
Entry Deadline: Monday, September 30th – Now Closed
- May to November, 2019 – Northumberland Hills Hospital Exhibit – Featuring paintings and photographs by members of Spirit of the Hills
- July 29, 2019 to October 28, 2020 – Life in Canada’s Great Bear Rainforest at Capers Restaurant – Featuring photographs by Tony Crocker
- August 27, 2019 to January 6, 2020 – Rhythm and Colours at Campbellford Library – Featuring the paintings of Anita Gutteridge and Louise Leclerc-Aronson
- October 24th to October 26th, 2019 – the 2019 Festival of the Arts entitled “Twenty Years of Sharing Across the Arts.” The event will be held at St. Peter’s Anglican Church in Cobourg.