2017 Festival of the Arts Writing Contest
Do you have prose or poetry pining for publication?
Yes! Then we have an opportunity for you.
Spirit of the Hills invites you to celebrate Canada’s 150th with your prose and/or poetry. Winning entries will be published in the third of our successful anthology series Hill Spirits III to be launched at the Spirit of the Hills Festival of the Arts November 3 and 4, 2017.
Festival Writing Contest Rules:
- Entry fee $10
- for each short story or memoir, maximum 1500
- for a maximum of 3 poems no more than 100 lines in total
- payment through PayPal
- No restrictions as to style, content, number of submissions.
- Send your entries from now until July 10
- Each entry must be in a separate file. Send in the body of your email or as an attachment using pdf, pages for mac, ms word, or open office.
- Multiple submissions and previously published material welcome.
- Must be a resident of Canada
- After clicking Upload, follow payment instructions to conclude your submission
For the Winners:
One prose piece and one poem will be chosen for publication in Hill Spirits III. Winners will also receive a copy of Hill Spirits III, enjoy promotion at the Spirit of the Hills Festival of the Arts; on social media and with a radio interview on ‘Word on the Hills’ Northumberland 89.7 FM.
Canada – 150 years young, celebrate with us!
2017 Festival of the Arts Writing Contest Registration Form
Click the link below to submit your work and pay your registration fee.
Please Note: Registrations will only be complete when Registration Fee has been received.