Northumberland Hills Hospital Exhibit – May to November 2019
The Northumberland Hills Hospital graciously offers free exhibit space to Spirit of the Hills painters and photographers.
The exhibit is bi-annual. Participating painters and photographers may refresh their work more frequently, e.g. every 8 weeks or so during the 6 month long exhibit.
The hospital provides a hanging system for our use. However, the system does limit the number of works on display to a maximum of 14. It is not possible to stack works one above the other.
Accordingly size of participating art work will be taken into account during the selection process. The minimum size for a framed work is 21 inches in width. A maximum of 2 submissions are accepted.
In other words, the venue lends itself of large pieces of work.
To date, sales have occurred during each exhibit. Note that 10% of the sales commission goes to the hospital; and 15% to SOTH. There is no cost to the artist for participating in this exhibit.
Pictures from the exhibit
Photos by Mandy Bing
Spirit of the Hills Art Show and Sale at Warkworth Library
March 30, 2019 to September 28, 2019
Spirit of the Hills has a new art show in Warkworth at the library. The show will run until September 28th. The show is open during library hours: Tue 10-5, Wed 2-7, Fri 1-6 and Sat 10-1. All of the art work is for sale. Exhibit photos by Mary Weilandt.
- Buenos Aires, photograph, $195 – Isabel Veldhuis
- Dusk at the Crossroads of Hwy 50 and 11th Line, North of Campbellford, oil on panel, $300 – Jeffery Weekes
- Open Window, acrylic on canvas, $250 – Beth Rhind
- Leopard Study, graphite, $625 – Barbara McGuey
- Hydrangea, acrylic, graphite, crayon, $275 – Linda McClelland
- Mermaid Haven, acrylic on canvas, $450 – Lynda Todd
- Beaver Ripples, photo, $200 – Matthew King
- Gentle Ripples, acrylic on canvas, $450 – Lynda Todd
- Misty Morning Meander, acrylic on metal photo print, $325 – Christopher Thorpe
- Forest of Green, acrylic on canvas, $50 – Catherine Joyce
- Deception, photo on canvas, $160 – Mary Weilandt
- Squeeze of Lemon Yellow, acrylic, $50 – Catherine Joyce
- Autumn Advice, acrylic on canvas, $125 – Beth Rhind
- Tulips, acrylic, $185 – Louise Leclair-Aronson
- The Entertainer, acrylics, $275 – Georgina
- Still Life with Peach, acrylic, $185 – Louise Leclair-Aronson
- Galeux D’Elysines Squash, acrylic on canvas, $200 – Sylver Stephens
- Silver Lining, oil, $450 – Barbara McGuey
- Once Upon a Time, photograph, $195 – Isabel Veldhuis
- Lemons, acrylic and conte, $150 – Linda McClelland
- Deer Watching, photo, $200 – Matthew King
- Evening Sky on 11th Line, oil on panel, $300 – Jeffery Weekes
- Haldimand Sunrise, photo canvas print, $600 – Ken Solilo