Email: email@example.com Phone: 905-885-9853
“My goal is to continually challenge my design, technical and artistic ability by stretching the boundaries of my medium and thereby simply to bring beauty into your life, so that you can live with it and so enhance your life!” Chris has been a professional stained glass artist for the past 36+ years and a jewellery designer for 11 years, as The Glasshopper Studio. Specializing in commissions, custom work and restorations, her glasswork skills often overlap into her jewellery making.
Her fully equipped glass studio includes lead work, kiln work, sand etching and mosaics. Chris’ work may be found in many private homes, corporations and institutions in the Metropolitan Toronto area and many other communities throughout Ontario and Canada. Commission pieces may also be found in the following countries: Australia, West Indies, USA, England, Ireland and other European Union countries, Japan, Hong Kong and now mainland China. Chris also designs and creates “one of a kind” pieces of jewellery ‘to delight the eye, thus enhancing the spirit of beauty’. Working mainly in silver and gold, she incorporates beads, pearls, gems, felt and various found objects, which she has collected and still collects on her world travels. She has studied silver techniques, lost wax casting, intricate beading, wire wrapping, chain mail, felting and flame- worked beads.
Chris is co-owner of the gallery, Lord Russborough’s Annex in Port Hope, Ont. and a member of “The Spirit of the Hills”, The Northumberland Arts Council, The Art Gallery of Northumberland, The Ontario Crafts Council and Rails End Gallery& Arts Centre-Haliburton. She has participated in the Northumberland Studio Tour for many years.
Over the past years, Chris has participated in numerous shows with both her glass and jewellery.
- The Whitby Station Gallery, Whitby, Ont.
- Edward’s Gardens, Toronto, Ont.
- The Haliburton Summer Show, Haliburton, Ont.
- The Rails End Gallery, Haliburton, Ont.
- The McLaughlin Gallery, Oshawa, Ont.
- The Signatures Show, Ottawa, Ont.
- The Astrolabe Gallery, Ottawa, Ont.
- The Art Gallery of Northumberland, Cobourg, Ont.
- The Art Gallery of Northumberland- Upstairs Gallery, Port Hope, Ont. (still ongoing 2011)
- Pearl Jewellery Show, The Capitol Theatre, Port Hope, Ont.
- “Estival 2009, Port Hope, Ont.
- The Jazz Festival 2009-2010 , Port Hope , Ont.
- The Cobourg Waterfront Festival, Cobourg, Ont. (still on going 2011)
- The One-of-a-Kind Show, Toronto, Ont. (both Spring and Christmas shows- still on going 2011 )
- Lord Russborough’s Annex, Spring & Winter Shows, Port Hope (both still ongoing 2011)
- “The Art Show and Sale 2010”, Kingsway –Lambton United Church, Toronto, Ont.
- The Maple Syrup Festival 2010, Juried show, Warkworth, Ont.
- Haliburton Art and Craft Festival 2010-2011. Haliburton , Ont .
- Warkworh Art in the Park 2011, Warkworth, Ont.
- Jewellery presently showing at “Warwick’s”, Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, California.